Sunday, June 28, 2009

2 UFO's done....but there's more!





This weekend I finished two UFO's and yet I have several more! I started this pattern called Cowboy Days by BlackCat Creations and now just need to fussy cut cowboy fabric. (I have plenty of cowboy, rodeo, cow hide print, hats, boots, ranch fabric.) This was one of the first patterns I purchased when I started teaching myself how to quilt and knew I just had to make it. I started the redwork immediately....but that was a long time ago. I probably should never have tried to do this as one of my 1st projects, but the cowgirl side of me couldn't resist. I'm so excited to have completely finished one UFO this weekend and the other will be sent for quilting in the morning. I have made a deal with myself to finish two more UFO'a these next two weeks before I buy any more fabric. (glad I don't have money on the table on this deal...I would surely lose! LOL. We have a wonderful quilt shop in my town that I love to go in during my lunch. The owner and the ladies that work there are so sweet and have taught me so much. Hope everyone has a wonderful week! Till next time, Kathy

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting me, it sounds like you have a plan for the ufo's, good for you. It will be nice toi have your first project done, it sounds like it has sentimental value. I love the redwork blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see this quilt finished.

    ReplyDelete